If you have created teams or channels in Microsoft Teams, you likely know this creates Office 365 groups. Many other Microsoft products in the 365/Azure space create Office 365 groups. This is Microsoft’s new group which allows great flexibility across services.
However, if you have ever decided to delete a Sharepoint site or Microsoft Team, you will find you cannot create another team or site in its place. You will receive an error saying this group still exists.
This is because the group was delete as a ‘soft delete’. Meaning it’s sitting in a recycle bin for a number of days until it’s permanently deleted.
You can speed up this process. The easiest way to do this is to connect via Powershell and run the following commands
Run the following command if you don’t have AzureAD installed
Over the weekend I’ve been installing Microsoft Server 2016 with Exchange 2016 on top. Once my SSL certificates were loaded, I got the following error when accessing OWA
I’ve seen this before on Apache. However, I was amused that this was an issue with Server 2016 since I thought that Microsoft would have disabled the Cipher suites used which cause this error. Apparently not.
A brute-force way to quickly fix this is to disable SPDY. To do this, open up the following registry key
I got the following error when I had migrated a customer from a Small Business Server to our local Hosted Exchange.
Outlook on a domain looks to Active Directory to get the auto discover information. If you run the Outlook connectivity tester on the affected computer, you will see that it returns the local SBS server autodiscover settings, even if you have configured Outlook to use an external provider.
The simplest way to fix this if the SBS server is still in used and Exchange is still installed, is to run the following commands:
I came in to work on Monday with a rather large client with no email. They run Microsoft Exchange 2007. I first logged in to the server and owa to ensure the Exchange Server was actually functioning. All services were going.
I then opened the message queue. There I saw 350 emails with the Last Error set to message deferred by categorizer agent
I haven’t actually come across this error before. Something had changed on the system. To cut a long story short, I found the issue was because of a corrupt transport agent. To find your transport agents, run the following power shell command:
An error occurred while loading the configuration for the Journaling agent. The configuration may be corrupt, or the Active Directory directory service may be down or unreachable. The last known good configuration will be used, and the Journaling agent will attempt to read the configuration again later.
This restored configuration didn’t fix the issue. I opted to disable the Journaling Agent.
Select Y and then restart the Hub Transport service.
This should fix your issue. I am still investigating a fix for the Journaling Agent. I suspect this was initially caused by a reboot when performing Windows Updates as the mail flow stopped on the same day.
You may have got the following error when using CU1 or CU2 with Exchange 2013 when the routing plugin for multi tenancy is being used.
2 smtp;532 5.3.2 STOREDRV.Deliver; Missing or bad StoreDriver MDB properties
Now there are a couple of reasons for this, which are well documented.
The first reason is if you have a mailbox that is hidden from the address book. You need to un-hide the mailbox.
Another issue that will cause this that isn’t well documented is if you are using Email Address policies that check certain things like custom attributes or organizational units (OUs). If the user is sitting in the wrong OU, and the address policy specifies they need to be in another OU, you will get this error.
It still makes me sad that TMG has been retired and superseded with UAG (URGH!). That’s a whole other blog post though.
One thing that is not explained with publishing Exchange 2013 OWA with TMG is the security settings. Recently, I have been deploying an multi-tenancy solution involving single signon between Sharepoint 2013, Exchange 2013 and Remote Desktop Gateway. One of the issues is many of these products have issues with TMG 2010 out of the box, and require slight tweaking.
Today I will focus on Exchange 2013.
Go through the default wizard in TMG 2010 for publishing Exchange 2010 OWA (Web Access). You want to make sure that the Authentication Delegation is set to basic.
On your Exchange server, login in to the admin centre (ECP) and go to servers->virtual directories. Select the OWA virtual directory and change the authentication to basic.
You should also do this with your ECP virtual directory.
If you don’t set these virtual directories, you will need to login twice. When TMG authenticates, it will send you to the OWA login. Not a good look.
I also suggest reading the following link about setting the log off page in TMG.