Long time no see! I’ve been busy! (http://www.layer3.net.nz/category/blog/).
I’ve recently picked up a Toshiba WT200 as I wanted to install Windows8 Preview to show customers Microsofts Next Gen operating system. However, I had real issues getting drivers going on this device. Here are some simple instructions to save you a boat load of time.
Download and install the wifi driver from Toshiba’s Australia driver page. Download Atheros Wireless LAN Driver. This driver will install, but your wireless will not be active. This is how you fix it. After the driver has finished installing, do the following:
Update: I’ve added the drivers to a zip file for easy access. Click here to download and follow the instructions.
- Go to %USERPROFILE%appdatalocaltemp and search the folder by date modified
- You will see a directoy that ends in 400a or something similar. Note the full path down
- Local device manager and you will see an unknown device called Network Controller
- Right click on this and select Update Driver
- Point the location to the folder you down under the appdata path and click next.
- Your driver should install
You can do this with a bunch of the drivers on the Toshiba website as the installer does not install them correctly.
At the time of writing, DO NOT INSTALL THE INTEL GRAPHICS DRIVER