If you install SBS 2011 and select install the latest updates, Sharepoint Foundation 2010 SP1 will be installed. SP1 for Sharepoint will only half install. It requires manual interaction to finish the install. If this is not done, you will recieve errors in the event log:
Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Failed resolving account spsearch with status 1376. Check connection to domain controller and VssAccessControl registry key.
This can be fixed by doing the following:
- Launch an elevated (Run as Administrator) SharePoint 2010 Management shell from start, All Programs, Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products, SharePoint 2010 Management Shell.
- Once the shell opens, type the following command followed by enter:
If the result of this command is True, then you need to complete the steps below. If the result is False then no further action is needed, if you are encountering similar events the cause will most likely not be resolved by the following steps.
To complete the SharePoint service pack process you need to follow the same steps that were previously posted on the Official SBS Blog regarding the necessity to complete PSCONFIG after a SharePoint update. Here are the steps from the article:
In order to update the SharePoint databases, you must manually run the PSconfig utility. To run the utility:
1. Open an Administrative command prompt.
2. Change directory to C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedWeb Server Extensions14BIN
3. Run PSConfig.exe -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -force -cmd applicationcontent -install -cmd installfeatures
Note: The Companyweb site will be inaccessible while the command is running. It is best to run the command after business hours. The amount of time the command takes to run will vary on the size of the database and the speed of the machine. On a reference machine with 8 logical processors, 32GB of RAM and a 2GB content database, the command took approximately 5 minutes to execute.